This course is designed for beginners as well as experienced canvas makers wishing to improve their skills. Become familiar with using a commercial sewing machine, and learn to create and install basic canvases.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to measure, cut, fit, sew, install basic canvases. The course teaches several sewing techniques and familiarizes students with the materials they will be working with.
- Create cockpit, travel, and mooring covers
- Make, install, and repair windows and zippers
- Learn about hardware, fasteners, fabrics, and threads
- Learn about the tools of the canvas making trade
- Learn how to set up your shop, calculate project estimates, and market your business
- Sew your own cockpit cover to take home
Each student will be provided with a sewing machine to use during this course.
An additional sewing machine repair seminar will be offered the Saturday following this course.
Note: Schedule is subject to change without notice